Corporate Gifts Blog
10 Tips to a Successful Exhibition
Exhibitions and Trade Shows are a great way of promoting your business within your industry sector, be it at the NEC, Excel Arena, Ricoh or events like Agricultural shows where you just set up in a field. By following our few tips, you can help your business to rule the exhibition hall.
1) The Location: An important aspect for success. If youâ€™re in the busiest area, youâ€™re more likely to pick up passers-by taking a glance just because theyâ€™re nearby. Near an entrance is a good spot because the eager visitors will be itching to get started!
2) Presentation: The way both you and your stand look is vital to succeeding. Would you be interested in a black and white display? Would a miserable looking man in a drab suit really attract you? We all know that weâ€™re naturally attracted to bright colours, interesting gimmicks and happy people, so be welcoming to potential customers.
3) Flyers: Passers-by love grabbing pieces of paper that theyâ€™ve been given, even if they donâ€™t show any further interest, thereâ€™s more chance that it will find another recipient at home.
4) Brochures: If you manage to get the customers really interested, give them a brochure, get them interested in a wider range of products and potentially get more custom through a bright, colourful brochure.
5) Drinks and Nibbles: These are a massive point scorer! Everybody loves a bit of chocolate or champagne while theyâ€™re wandering round the hall. As long as theyâ€™re eating your supplies, theyâ€™re taking notice of something that surrounds them.
6) Freebies: Make it known that youâ€™ve got free items. Pens and notebooks are always a hit; after all, weâ€™re always looking for a working pen or a scrap of paper! Also ensure that youâ€™ve got something bigger and better for those customers that are serious about working with you, give them a cool mobile phone holder for their custom. But whatever you do, donâ€™t waste the good gifts on the passers-by, youâ€™re looking to make money, not lose it!
7) Business Cards: Using business cards will keep you in the customerâ€™s mindsâ€¦ and their wallets! But remember that it isnâ€™t all about giving details; you want to receive them too. Use clever ways to gain new custom, for example a raffle using business cards!
8) Competition/Gimmicks: Make sure that thereâ€™s a prize, some people need an incentive to get involved. Use something that isnâ€™t a product, for example an iPad. The business card raffle is a great example of using a competition in your favour.
9) Preparation: The key to success is to always be prepared! If youâ€™ve had a stressful morning with a broken banner, you donâ€™t want to carry that into meeting new customers. Make sure that prior to the event; you have a list of basic background answers so that when asked a question, you have something to say to buy yourself thinking time.
10) The Follow-up: Gaining new custom is your number one priority at Trade Shows, but it only pays off if you make an effort to keep them on board. Youâ€™ve collected their details, so phone and email them a week later to ensure that youâ€™re in their minds. Otherwise, youâ€™ve just wasted all of your work on finding new customers, for nothing.
Following these steps may be easier said than done. For example, your stand location isnâ€™t necessarily your choice and everybody wants the busiest and best spot. But, however loosely you follow these tips, youâ€™re sure to notice a difference in your presence at an exhibition.
UK Web Design by bf internet